Business administration approaches the field of business from a broad perspective, rather than a particular specialty. Students take courses of interest across the Kania School of Management and are linked with an academic advisor who provides an exceptional level of guidance and support.
Why Business Administration is in Demand:
- Data published by the National Association of Colleges and Employers shows that business administration is one of the top five business majors preferred most by employers.
- Business administration is projected to be one of the “Hot Degrees to Pursue in 2014 and Beyond” according to university.com.
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, administrative service managers earn a median annual salary of $81,080. (Source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration is excellent preparation for graduate school and professional studies, including MBA programs.
Is it for me?
- Are you flexible?
- Willing to work hard and challenge yourself?
- Motivated to learn about a range of topics?
- Interested in a broad range of business knowledge?
Five Reasons to Choose Scranton for Business Administration
We've always been distinguished for our collaborative learning environment and tight-knit community. Yes, the business world is competitive, but it’s our business to make sure students thrive personally as well as academically during their four years at Scranton. Faculty go out of their way to be there for students.
-Alan Brumagim, Ph.D.
Preparing You For Personal & Professional Successplus or minus
What You'll Learnplus or minus
Pursue Your Passion and Make a Differenceplus or minus
Where will Business Administration take me?
Business administration graduates enter the workplace armed with practical skills and experience. Fields they might enter after graduation include:
- Electronic commerce
Top Graduate Schools
Many business administration majors continue at Scranton to earn their MBA. For specific information, click here.
Other graduate schools which have admitted recent management graduates include:
- Canisius College
- Hofstra University
- New York Law School
- Syracuse University
- Webster University Global
- Widener University
You’ll find recent Scranton graduates working a wide range of companies and organizations including:
- AXA Advisors
- Deon’s Natural Food Market
- Dun & Bradstreet
- Kraft Foods
- Lincoln Investment Planning
- Merrill Lynch
- QBE – the Maericas
- Societe General
- TSA Homeland Security
- Walt Disney World Company
How Scranton Gives You a Competitive Edge
A strong alumni network can help business administration graduates make important connections for internships and employment. Plus, the Executive in Residence program and various guest speakers provide insight into the business world from successful professionals.
The four-year professional development program, Passports, enables students to discover and define their strengths and areas of interest. Students can learn essential job search skills like interviewing and resume writing. They learn from career development professionals as well as business professionals who help them to hit the ground running in finding jobs and cultivating careers.