AboutEngineering management combines the disciplines of engineering and business into one undergraduate major. Students gain in-depth technical knowledge coupled with practical expertise in leadership and project management. Graduates complete their studies with a strong engineering background and marketplace-ready skills.
Why Engineering Management is in Demand:
- Engineering and business are two of the top three majors most in demand today. (Source: CareerBuilder.com)
- According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual wage for engineering managers was $132,000 in 2015.
- Few institutions offer engineering management as a major for undergraduate students.
- Strong written and verbal skills, innovation, professionalism and leadership are valued characteristics in all career settings.
- Engineering management majors graduate with technical skills, business acumen and marketing savvy rolled into one course of study.
Is it for me?
- Technically oriented?
- A leader who enjoys motivating teams?
- Ready for action and leadership in the world of industry and innovation?
- Passionate for exciting work in the global scale?
Five Reasons to Choose Scranton for Engineering Management
Preparing You For Personal & Professional Successplus or minus
What You'll Learnplus or minus
Pursue Your Passion and Make a Differenceplus or minus
Where will engineering management take me?
Students enter the workplace armed with practical skills and experience. An engineering management degree also qualifies students to enter graduate programs in business or specialized areas of engineering.
Here is some examples of jobs depending on your interests:
- Operations Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Hardware Engineer
- Equipment Breakdown Risk Engineer
- Project Manager
- Electrical and Lighting Systems & Sustainable Design
- Management & Information Technology
- Management in Quality, Control & Liability
- Management in Consulting, Design, Building & Installation
- Management in Business & Development
- Systems Engineer & Management
Top Graduate Schools
Just some of the prestigious graduate schools which have admitted recent engineering graduates:
- University of Scranton (MBA)
- Drexel University
- Lehigh University
- Rochester University
You’ll find Scranton graduates working a wide range of companies and organizations including:
- Adtec, Inc.
- Chubb Insurance
- Insource Power
- Lockheed Martin
- Sears Holdings Corporation
My degree in Engineering Management is perfect for my job. I am the liaison between the “bean counters” and the engineers and I have respect from both sides, which is very important. Our leadership has told me that they are very impressed with the well-rounded education that The University of Scranton has provided me.
Matthew O’Connor, Class of 2013
Dual Encoder Team Lead, Adtec Digital