Management is about how to get things done with people and teams to reach organizational goals. Management students learn important analytical, communication and influence skills to motivate others.
Why Management is in Demand:
- The National Association of Colleges and Employers consistently ranks management majors among the highest paid business graduates at the bachelor's degree level.
- Management majors are excellent candidates for graduate school and professional studies.
- According the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, jobs for management analysts are projected to grow faster than the national average from 2012 to 2022. (Source: Occupational Outlook Handbook)
- Strong written and verbal communication, critical thinking, leadership and time management are valued skills in any career.
Is it for me?
- Hard working?
- Willing to challenge yourself?
- Interested in managing people and helping them be their best?
Five Reasons to Choose Scranton for Management
What distinguishes Scranton students? They are so eager to learn – like sponges for knowledge and experience!
-Alan Brumagim, Ph.D.
Preparing You For Personal & Professional Successplus or minus
What You'll Learnplus or minus
Pursue Your Passion and Make a Differenceplus or minus
Where will management take me?
Management students enter the workplace armed with practical skills and experience. Some of the positions they may find after graduation include:
- Project managers
- Executive trainees
- Managers, assistant managers, management trainees in industry, government, education, health care, nonprofit or other organizations
Top Graduate Schools
Many management majors continue at Scranton to earn their MBA. For specific information, click here.
A few other graduate schools that have admitted recent management graduates include:
- Cornell University Law School
- Duquesne School of Law
- Rosemont College
- University of Akron
You’ll find Scranton graduates working a wide range of companies and organizations including:
- ACA Compliance
- AXA Advisors
- Arpin Van Lines
- Canon Business Solutions
- Cantor Fitzgerald
- Creative Financial Group
- Hometron NJ
- Lockheed Martin
- Source One Management
- The Walt Disney Company
How Scranton Gives You a Competitive Edge
A strong alumni network can help management graduates make important connections for internships and employment. Plus, the Executive in Residence program and guest speakers give students insight into the business world from successful professionals.
Management students have opportunities to learn and gain self-confidence even beyond the scope of the academic program. Students have opportunities to work collaboratively, which is solid training for the management field.
Take the Next Step
For More Information
Office of Admissions
Scranton, PA 18510
Tel: 1-888-SCRANTON or (570) 941-7540
Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship Department
Chair, Department of Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship