Marketing is the business process that moves goods and services from concept to customer by identifying, anticipating, creating and satisfying consumer demand in a competitive marketplace.
At Scranton, you’ll graduate with a strong command of the principles, practices and technical skills that will prepare you for success in this ever-evolving field.
Why Marketing is in Demand:
- All industries require marketing professionals to promote their goods and services and drive revenues.
- The National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Job Outlook 2016 survey listed marketing as one of the “Top bachelor’s degrees in demand, by major.”
- The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that, from 2014 to 2024, employment of marketing managers is projected to grow 9%, and employment of market research analysts is projected to grow 19%, much faster than the average for all occupations.”
- Marketing impacts the bottom line. The study of marketing provides an excellent foundation for those who aspire to future senior-level leadership positions.
Is it for me?
- Do you aspire to help businesses get known or get results?
- Do you enjoy communicating across a variety of electronic and social platforms?
- Do you like managing multiple projects concurrently?
- Do you enjoy both creative and analytical challenges?
Five Reasons to Choose Scranton for Marketing
Our students not only learn how to market their employers and clients’ products and services — they learn how to market themselves in order to support both professional and personal success.
Satya Chattopadhyay, Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Department Chair
Preparing You For Personal & Professional Successplus or minus
What You'll Learnplus or minus
Pursue Your Passion and Make a Differenceplus or minus
Where will Marketing take me?
No matter where your passions lie, be it a large consumer products company like P&G, a small manufacturing start-up, a not-for-profit like the Humane Society or your own family business, marketing and marketers are needed.
A degree in marketing from Scranton provides an excellent foundation for work in private, publicly traded and nonprofit organizations and in a wide variety of positions including:
- Brand management
- Content Director
- Marketing research
- Marketing Analysis
- Public relations
- Sales and Sales Management
- Social Media Manager
Top Graduate Schools
After graduation, many students look to complement their marketing knowledge with an advanced degree in business, law, or other fields. Here are some leading institutions that have accepted our graduates:
- La Salle University
- Montclair State University
- Seton Hall Law School
- Syracuse University
- The University of Scranton
- University of Manchester
- Washington and Lee Law School
- Weidner University School of Law
Marketing is about results and so is The University of Scranton. We have a proven track record of helping students land successful and exciting positions after graduation. Here are some of the notable companies employing our alumni:
- A.C. Nielsen Co.
- American Convention Exhibitor Service
- Bank of America
- Capuchin Franciscan Volunteer Corporation
- First Investor Corporation Goldman Sachs
- Johnson & Johnson
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
- Ralph Lauren
- US Army
- Vax Serve
How Scranton Gives You a Competitive Edge
While our faculty members are experts in these diverse disciplines and challenge our students inside the classroom, they are share a common mission outside the classroom: know each student on an individual level and actively support them to pursue their personal and professional goals.
That combination of subject matter expertise and personal understanding means that our faculty members are not only top teachers and strong researchers, but also advocates for you professionally.
That’s a competitive edge you just won’t find at most universities.