My To-Do List
Here is a list of the important dates and deadlines for our accepted freshmen for fall 2017:
- October 1: Start date for filing the FAFSA online for need-based aid consideration. The FAFSA Title IV code for The University of Scranton is 003384. We will begin to notify students of their financial aid packages the week of January 15.
- Follow the instructions provided to you by email to unlock your student portal account at my.scranton.edu to view your financial aid information.
- Mid-January: Register for Royal Days, three different dates for a day program for accepted students. The programs fill quickly, so watch for your invitation. Registration will be available through your application status page.
- Download Scranton's Mobile App to keep up with what's happening on campus.
- Join the official Class of 2021 group on Facebook to connect with your future classmates.
- February 1: Preferred filing date for the FAFSA online for need-based aid consideration. The FAFSA Title IV code for The University of Scranton is 003384. We will begin to notify students of their financial aid packages the week of January 15, and continue to notify students on a rolling basis.
- Schedule a campus visit.
- Attend one of Scranton's Receptions for Accepted Students. Choose the area closest to you and register via your application status page.
- Join us at our Preview Day for Accepted Students on Saturday, April 1, 2017, and meet representatives from your major, student activities/services, athletics and more. You can also discuss financial aid questions one-on-one with financial aid staff, tour campus and hear from our keynote speakers.
- Submit your deposit to confirm your enrollment in Scranton’s freshman class for fall 2017 via your application status page. Final deadline is April 15 for graduate-level entry programs and May 1 for all other programs.
- Starting in early May: Complete online forms, including your Roommate Questionnaire, Pre-Registration for Classes, Orientation Sign-up and much more by the June 5 deadline.
- Sign up for FIRST (Freshmen Involved in Reflective Service Together) before June 5. This is a week of service for a limited number of incoming freshmen and takes place the week before classes begin. This program is first come, first served and tends to fill quickly.
- Submit all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office by the June 1 deadline.
- Attend an overnight Orientation session on campus. There are four different sessions that students can choose for first-year orientation:
- Session 1: June 19-20, 2017 (Monday-Tuesday)
- Session 2: June 22-23, 2017 (Thursday-Friday)
- Session 3: June 26-27, 2017 (Monday-Tuesday)
- Session 4: June 29-30, 2017 (Thursday-Friday)
- Access your preliminary fall class schedule online after you complete your online Pre-Registration Form for classes. Schedules are not finalized until Orientation.
- Resident Students: Check welcome tab in my.scranton.edu in mid-July for directions to access your residence hall and roommate information.
- Resident Students: Move in to your residence hall on Saturday, August 19.
- Attend Fall Welcome on Saturday, August 19 and Sunday, August 20.
- Start classes as a Scranton student on Monday, August 21!
- Date to be announced soon: Invite your family to campus for Family Weekend.