Veteran Education Benefits
The University of Scranton is committed to supporting veterans and active personnel of the U.S. military and their families. In the 2017 edition, the U.S. News & World Report ranked us No. 2 for Best College for Veterans. We also have been selected by G.I. Jobs magazine as a Military Friendly School every year since 2011, placing us in the top 15% of all schools nationwide. We offer a number of services and benefits for veterans and eligible dependents.
Yellow Ribbon Program
The University of Scranton fully participates in the Yellow Ribbon GI Educational Enhancement Program where the combination of GI Benefits, VA Yellow Ribbon and University of Scranton Yellow Ribbon funds meet full tuition costs for veterans and dependents qualifying at the 100% rate. For more details, please refer to the Comprehensive Guide to Financial Aid Progams for the University’s policies and procedures regarding Veterans Benefits. For information about Veteran GI Benefits, including eligibility requirements for Yellow Ribbon benefits, please click here.
Applying to Scranton
Application requirements can be found on the following pages. In nearly all cases, veterans are evaluated as adult or transfer students. If you have questions about which application to use, please contact Debbie Lipinski, Senior Assistant Director of Transfer & Adult Admissions, at (570) 941-4839 or email@example.com.
- Adult Undergraduate Application Information
- Freshman Admissions Application Information
- Transfer Admissions Application Information
- Graduate Admissions Application Information
- Online Graduate Program Admissions Application Information
Reasons to Consider Scranton
- Degree programs approved for the Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30) and the Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33)*
- Credit for CLEP exams
- Maximum match contribution to Yellow Ribbon qualifying veterans and qualifying dependents
- Flexible leave and readmission policies for military students called to active duty
- Fairly close proximity to PX and Commissary at Tobyhanna Army Depot
- Room and board provided by the University for high school Army ROTC Scholarship recipients; room provided by the University for high school Air Force ROTC Scholarship recipients.
- Participation in Post-9/11 GI Bill (Chapter 33) and the Veterans’ Dependent Education Assistance Program (Chapter 35)*
- Portfolio Credit Opportunities
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at www.benefits.va.gov/gibill
If you have any questions, please contact:
Joseph K. Wetherell
US Lieutenant Colonel, US Army Retired
Associate Director of Admissions
VA School Certifying Official