Student success, not recognition, is what we strive for, but that doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy accolades – or a shiny trophy. Allow us to boast for a moment.
- Are we considered among the “Best Colleges” in the country? U.S. News & World Report’s guidebook indicates so, ranking the University among the 10 top master's universities in the North for 23 – yes, 23 – consecutive years!
- For the past 16 years, The Princeton Review has included Scranton among its “Best Colleges.” In the past three years, The Princeton Review has recognized the University among the top 10 colleges for "Best Science Labs"and among the top 20 for:
- “Best Campus Food”
- “Best College Dorms”
- “Students Most Engaged in Community Service”
- “Students Love These Colleges”
- “Everyone Plays Intramural Sports”
- “Most Religious Students”.
- Expect your time here at Scranton to pay off! The Economist ranked Scranton in the top 2 percent of colleges (No. 22 in the nation) for the impact it has on the earnings of its graduates.
- Washington Monthly ranked Scranton No. 38 among master's universities in the nation for our graduates' contribution to “social mobility, research and service."
- Forbes magazine has ranked Scranton as one of “America’s Best Colleges” for nine consecutive years.
- The Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program places The University of Scranton among the top 50 colleges in the nation and second in Pennsylvania based on its earning scale for alumni at mid-career level.
- We love good food, and you probably do, too. So it’s great news Greatist.com acclaimed that our on-campus food was a cut above the rest!
- With a variety of healthy eating options and our fitness center, it’s little wonder Greatist.com also named us one of their “Healthiest” colleges.
- Don’t be surprised if the door is held open for you! In 2011, The Huffington Post ranked us as one of the “Friendliest Colleges” in the nation.