Directions & Parking
The University of Scranton is easily reached by car and air. Located off Interstate 81 in Northeastern Pennsylvania, driving time from New York City, Philadelphia and Syracuse is just two hours, with Trenton and Hartford less than three hours away and Washington D.C. and Boston only four-and-a-half hours away.
For those traveling by air to the metropolitan Scranton area, we are serviced by the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton International Airport (AVP). Allegiant, Delta, United Express and American Eagle flights are available. The airport is off Exit 178 (old exit 49A) off Interstate 81, about 10 miles south of Scranton. You may choose to rent a car at the airport, call a cab service or you may call us at 1-888-SCRANTON and we will help you make arrangements.
- GPS Address of Parking Pavilion:
820 Mulberry Street, Scranton, PA 18510
From the North:
I-81 South to Exit 185*
From the West:
I-80 East to I-81 North to Exit 185*
From Connecticut and New England:
I-84 West to I-81 South to Exit 185*
From New York and Northern New Jersey:
I-80 West to I-380 North to I-81 South to Exit 185*
From Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey:
Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-476) to Exit 115, then I-81 North to Exit 185*
From Baltimore and Washington:
I-83 North to I-81 North to Exit 185*
*From I-81 Exit 185 (Central Scranton Expressway) to the Parking Pavilion (GPS Address: 820 Mulberry Street, Scranton, PA 18510):
- Follow signs to campus (on right).
- Before the first traffic signal, turn sharply right onto Madison Avenue.
- Proceed 2 blocks and turn right at the light onto Mulberry Street.
- After 1 block, turn right into the main entrance (level 2) of the Parking Pavilion.
Weekday Visitor Parking
- In the Parking Pavilion, please park in a Visitor space or any non-reserved, non-faculty parking spot.
- You must obtain a visitor parking permit and display it from your rear-view mirror while parked on campus. Campus maps and visitor parking permits are available in the University Police Office on Level 2 of the Pavilion.
- Please check your visit confirmation email for more information before coming to campus.
Inclement Weather Informationplus or minus
SNOW INFORMATION LINE: (570) 941-5999
In the event of inclement weather, prior to beginning your travel to campus, please call the Snow Information Line at (570) 941-5999 for announcements on delays and cancellations. Please call multiple times because a delay may be upgraded to a school closure as late as 9:30 AM. In the event of a compressed schedule, your visit will occur as planned at the time you've scheduled. In the event of a closure, please do not travel to campus because we will not be here to meet you. We will contact you upon our return to campus to reschedule your visit.
Press 1 For Announcements on Delays, Cancellations, and Compressed Class Schedules
Press 2 For Announcements on Campus Parking Bans
Campus parking bans will be declared as snow accumulates or is forecasted to accumulate. Parking bans are in effect from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. on all surface parking lots. Vehicles should be parked in the parking pavilion.