My To-Do List
Here is a list of the important dates and deadlines for our accepted freshmen for fall 2019:
- October 1: Start date for filing the FAFSA online for need-based aid consideration. The FAFSA Title IV code for The University of Scranton is 003384. We will begin to notify students of their financial aid packages the week of January 15.
- File the FAFSA online for need-based aid consideration. The FAFSA Title IV code for The University of Scranton is 003384. We will begin to notify students of their financial aid packages the week of January 15.
- Follow the instructions provided to you by email to unlock your student portal account at my.scranton.edu to view your financial aid information.
- Mid-January: Register for Royal Days, four different dates for a day program for accepted students. The programs fill quickly, so watch for your email invitation. Registration will be available through your application status page.
- Download Scranton's Mobile App to keep up with what's happening on campus.
- Join the official Class of 2023 group on Facebook to connect with your future classmates.
- February 1: Preferred filing date for the FAFSA online for need-based aid consideration. The FAFSA Title IV code for The University of Scranton is 003384. We will begin to notify students of their financial aid packages the week of January 15, and continue to notify students on a rolling basis.
- Schedule a campus visit.
- Attend one of Scranton's Receptions for Accepted Students at the location nearest to you.
- Join us at our Preview Day for Accepted Students on Saturday, March 23, 2019, and meet representatives from your major, student activities/services, athletics and more. You can also discuss financial aid questions one-on-one with financial aid staff and tour campus.
- Starting in early May: Complete online forms, including your Roommate Questionnaire, Pre-Registration for Classes, Orientation Sign-up and much more by the May 24 deadline.
- FIRST (Freshmen Involved in Reflective Service Together) registration will be available in mid-May. This is a week of service for a limited number of incoming freshmen and takes place the week before classes begin. This program is first come, first served and tends to fill quickly.
- Submit all requested documents to the Financial Aid Office by the June 1 deadline.
- Attend an overnight Orientation session on campus. There are four different sessions that students can choose for first-year orientation:
- Session 1: June 17-18, 2019 (Monday-Tuesday)
- Session 2: June 20-21, 2019 (Thursday-Friday)
- Session 3: June 24-25, 2019 (Monday-Tuesday)
- Session 4: June 27-28, 2019 (Thursday-Friday)
- Access your preliminary fall class schedule online after you complete your online Pre-Registration Form for classes. Schedules are not finalized until Orientation.
- Resident Students: Check welcome tab in my.scranton.edu in mid-July for directions to access your residence hall and roommate information.
- Resident Students: Move in to your residence hall on Saturday, August 24.
- Attend Fall Welcome on Saturday, August 24 and Sunday, August 25.
- Start classes as a Scranton student on Monday, August 26!
- Date to be announced soon: Invite your family to campus for Family Weekend.