Helping Your Students Apply
Applying online to Scranton is always free for your students using The Common Application. We are a Common Application exclusive school. Below is a short list of application information that we hope you will find useful as a quick reference. For more complete information, please visit our apply page.
- Students can apply Early Action (deadline is November 15) or Regular Decision.
- Qualified students may also choose to apply SAT/ACT Optional.
- We require one letter of recommendation from a school counselor. Feel free to use The Common Application or an alternate form, or write a letter. Teachers are also welcome to submit letters of recommendation.
- For a full list of first-year application requirements, visit our apply page.
How to send application materials to us:
- Standardized test scores may be included on the official high school transcript or they may be sent to us directly from the College Board or ACT.
- We accept official high school transcripts and recommendations via postal mail and through The Common Application, but you may also choose to email them to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax them to 570-941-5928.
- Our mailing address is:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
The Estate, The University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510-4699
Register with Slate.org
Slate.org is a free web-based service that allows high school counselors to view the application status and decisions of their students who have applied to The University of Scranton or other participating colleges and universities using Slate. Counselors can also upload materials directly onto student applications within our university system. Slate.org not only saves times and resources but serves to help build stronger relationships between high schools and colleges. As more colleges and universities begin sharing applicant data through Slate.org, we know it will become another valuable resource to help ensure your students are on track. Here are two resources to help you learn more: Getting Started - Overview for School Counselors, Slate.org Application Sharing - A Guide for School Counselors and Slate.org FAQs.