High School Scholars
Offered to rising juniors and seniors who have demonstrated strong achievement in high school, The University of Scranton High School Scholars Program offers local students the opportunity to earn college credits at a greatly reduced rate. Courses are the same as those offered to college students, giving high school students an opportunity to experience college-level work before their first year.
If you have already been accepted into the program, congratulations! Please view our High School Scholars Accepted Student Information.
If you are interested in learning more about our Business High School Scholars Program, please click here.
Program Guidelinesplus or minus
- - Applicants should be high school students who have completed their sophomore or junior year with a minimum of a 3.3 (B+) grade point average.
- - Students may take one course each term – Fall, Spring, Summer I, Summer II – until they graduate from high school.
- - Students may enroll for a maximum of 3 credits per session. Individual exceptions may be made if GPA/SAT scores substantiate the request.
- - Registrations will be processed on a space available basis. Students will be responsible for tuition and applicable fees.
- - Successfully completed courses (C or better) are given University of Scranton credit, typically 3 credits per course, and are accepted toward a degree at The University of Scranton.
- - Courses may be taken for credit at a special tuition rate of $190 per credit (more than 80% off the regular tuition rate).
Application Requirementsplus or minus
In order to apply for the High School Scholars Program, students must submit:
- - An online application: Click here to apply
- - Official high school transcript
- - Recommendation from your high school guidance counselor (recommendation requested within application)
- - PSAT/SAT scores (may be requested in some cases)
Please note: Students enrolled in the High School Scholars Program for the Fall or Spring terms must update their High School Scholars applications with a new transcript and registration form to be able to register for High School Scholars classes in the summer term.
Course Informationplus or minus
Upcoming Term Dates:Fall 2021: August 30 – December 18, 2021Spring 2022: January 26 – May 20, 2022Summer I 2022: May 31 – June 27, 2022Summer II 2022: July 5 – August 1, 2022
Courses available are tentative, and are typically first-year level courses. The current University of Scranton online catalog includes details regarding curricular requirements for University of Scranton degree programs and should be referenced to see how courses would apply toward a student's anticipated major. The courses offered during the High School Scholars program generally transfer to other regionally accredited colleges and universities; however, The University of Scranton cannot guarantee transferability. The University of Scranton also reserves the right to cancel any class at any time.
You can do a course search to check the availability of classes, but please note that not all courses listed are available for High School Scholars students. If you have any questions about which courses are available to take, please contact Aubree Armezzani at (570) 941-7474 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dual Enrollment Programplus or minusThe University of Scranton, through our High School Scholars Program, maintains Dual Enrollment Agreements with a number of local high schools. For more information, please visit our Dual Enrollment page.
Diocesan College Scholarship Programplus or minusThe University of Scranton, through our High School Scholars Program, participates in the Diocesan College Scholarship Program. This program provides Catholic high school seniors with the opportunity to participate in classes held at the University while simultaneously enrolled in high school.
Contact Informationplus or minus
High School Scholars
High School Scholars
The University of Scranton
Scranton, PA 18510
Phone: (570) 941-4067
Fax: (570) 941-5928
Phone: (570) 941-7474
Fax: (570) 941-4148