Student success, not recognition, is what we strive for, but that doesn’t mean we don’t enjoy accolades – or a shiny trophy. Allow us to boast for a moment.
- Are we considered among the “Best Colleges” in the country? U.S. News & World Report’s guidebook indicates so, ranking the University among the 10 top master's universities in the North for 29 – yes, 29 – consecutive years! Most recently, we ranked No. 5 in the North.
- For the past 21 years, The Princeton Review has included Scranton among its “Best Colleges.” In the past seven years, The Princeton Review has recognized the University as a "Top Green College" for its commitment to sustainability and among the top 25 colleges for:
-Best Campus Food
-Best Science Labs
-Best College Dorms
-Students Most Engaged in Community Service
-Students Love These Colleges
-Everyone Plays Intramural Sports
-Most Religious Students.
- Expect your time here at Scranton to pay off!
- The Economist ranked Scranton in the top 2 percent of colleges (No. 22 in the nation) for the impact it has on the earnings of its graduates.
- The Brookings Metropolitan Policy Program places The University of Scranton among the top 50 colleges in the nation and second in Pennsylvania based on its earning scale for alumni at mid-career level.
- According to PayScale’s most recent salary report, Scranton is in the top 15% of universities listed by the median salaries of their alumni.
- The New York Times ranked Scranton 16th out of 578 selective private colleges for median student income at age 34.
- Washington Monthly ranked Scranton No. 38 among master's universities in the nation for our graduates' contribution to “social mobility, research and service."
- Forbes magazine has ranked Scranton as one of America’s Top Colleges for value for 11 consecutive years.
- With a variety of healthy eating options and our fitness center, it’s little wonder Greatist.com named us one of their “Healthiest” colleges.
- Don’t be surprised if the door is held open for you! In 2011, The Huffington Post ranked us as one of the “Friendliest Colleges” in the nation.